This beautiful orange/red stone is the alternative birthstone for July. It has used for many centuries and has been found in decorative pieces from the Bronze Age.The Romans used the stone for wax seals as the wax didn’t stick to it. So, you see the stone carved in seal rings. The picture here is of a Polish seal ring in a light orange carnelian. I particularly like this seal as it reminds me of the Prince of Wales feathers. 😊
· Alternative birthstone for July
· Zodiac stone for Virgo and Leo
· It is said to stabilise energy flow and also stimulate it.
· Said to be a stone of action so it will help you forward through life.
· Reportedly stimulates ambition
I use carnelian for the Sacral stone in my Chakra range. The stone is such a gorgeous deep orange and I think it is perfect for the range and sits well between garnet and tiger eye in the designs. What do you think?
Please note that the stone attribute section is not proven to be a direct outcome of wearing or owning the stone. It is also not a prescription and should not be used alone to treat health problems.